We’ve all been breathless, waiting for more news of the stunning new NSX. Acura has purposely been slow to release information — we get that they know how to build excitement about this much-anticipated supercar, but with its launch quickly approaching, new technical details of the legend were revealed at the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress and Exhibition held April 22nd in Detroit.
“Our goal is to create something altogether new and exciting, something that advances the concept of a next generation supercar in the spirit of the original NSX,” said Ted Klaus, chief engineer and global development leader of the new NSX. “In order to provide NSX-level value, we needed to push ourselves to experiment with, refine and then realize many new technologies.”
Significant technical revelations for the new NSX include:
- Acura’s first use of a revolutionary multi-material space frame design that delivers class-leading body rigidity while remaining lightweight.
- World’s first automotive application of new ablation casting technology resulting in world-class body rigidity for ultimate handling and control.
- World’s first use of a three-dimensionally formed, ultra-high-strength steel A-pillar, supporting class-leading rigidity and crash performance while providing outstanding outward visibility.
- Top-in-class aerodynamics targets without the use of active aerodynamic elements, while its three-motor Sport Hybrid power unit is cooled through 10 heat exchangers all thanks to a total airflow management strategy that maximizes the flow of air around and throughNSX.
- Displacement of theNSX’s all-new twin turbo V-6 engine was confirmed to be 3.5-liters.
- TheNSX will mark the introduction of the most capable and highest torque capacity Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system in Acura history.
- The latest proprietary logic advancesAcura’s two decades-long pursuit of Super Handling that proactively responds to driver inputs, allowing the NSX to achieve a new level of line trace while at the same time intelligently supporting the driver in changing environments.
For the full press release click HERE.
…and yes we are SO excited at Butler Acura to see, touch, feel, and sit in this vehicle…stayed tuned to our blog — we will be posting information as quickly as we get it….#NSX #TooExcitedToSleepNSX #RevolutionaryNSX
Affordable Luxury DOES Live In Ashland. The award-winning, best-selling Acura SUV – the MDX – arrives and leaves as quick as they come off the truck! The first shipment arrived this month and the newly minted 2016 Acura MDX has a plethora of innovative upgrades, in fact doubling from the 2015 to the 2016 model.
The most significant upgrades relate to the powertrain and safety of the vehicle. The 2016 Acura MDX received an updated powertrain with a revised all-wheel-drive system and a new nine-speed automatic transmission featuring a push-button gear selector. The new safety features are now bundled into an available AcuraWatch™ package that Acura adds to its family of trim levels: MDX with Technology Package, MDX with Rear Entertainment System, etc. AcuraWatch™ separates advanced safety features available for 2015 into a package and adds a few new ones such as Road Departure Mitigation and rear cross-traffic alert.
The new nine-speed automatic transmission (which replaces the previous six-speed automatic transmission) is 66 pounds lighter and enhances acceleration performance with more closely spaced gears plus 25 percent faster shift times, according to Acura. Another innovative change is the replacement of the traditional column-mounted gear selector with the handy new push-button gear selector where Park, Neutral and Drive are engaged with the push of a button. Reverse is selected by a separate control.
The beautiful MDX’s all-wheel-drive system is also upgraded and now uses Acura’s next-generation Super Handling All-Wheel Drive. The revised system is 19 pounds lighter and has an increased torque vectoring response for amplified turning. What IS torque vectoring you may ask? Torque vectoring creates rotation movement by changing wheel speed and can create more responsive handling. Acura says the torque-vectoring responsiveness has been enhanced to benefit agility and stability.
Now, onto the safety features. The AcuraWatch™ suite of safety features includes many of the 2015 MDX features, plus a plethora of additional cutting-edge features including Road Departure Mitigation (RDM). We just love this awesome new feature! So what does it do? It monitors lane lines and other markers to recognize when the car has left the lane. It will then apply steering correction and the brakes to self-correct. A rear cross-traffic monitor works with the blind spot warning system to alert drivers when a vehicle is approaching from the side while the car is in Reverse. Amazing! Here’s a quick list of the other AcuraWatch™ features:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Collision mitigation braking system
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
- Lane keeping assist
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Blind spot warning
- Multiview rear camera
- Rear cross-traffic monitor
These next-generation vehicles are here in Ashland for you to see.
2016 Acura RDX was unveiled at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show this week and there was no disappointment in this all new luxury SUV.
Coming off its best-ever year, the revamped and energized 2016 Acura RDX luxury SUV is sporting a host of significant upgrades to performance, luxury prestige and styling. Look for this stunning new luxury SUV at our dealership in the late spring/early summer. Here are a few of the upgraded features:
- All RDX models with AcuraWatch™ also get a new 4.2-inch full-color TFT Multi-Information Display with expanded, customizable information readouts such as average vehicle speed, fuel economy, fuel range, tire pressure monitoring system (TMPS) and turn-by-turn navigation.
- Jewel Eye™ LED projector headlamps and LED taillights
- New, more powerful 3.5-liter i-VTEC® V-6 engine
- Expanded list of AcuraWatch™ safety and driver-assistive technologies
- New luxury features and technologies include; a new line-topping RDX Advance Package with rain-sensing wipers, front fog lights, Bi-Directional Keyless remote engine start, front and rear parking sensors, ventilated front seats, an auto-dimming driver’s side mirror and Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™.
“The RDX ended on a high note in 2014, posting its best sales year ever, but at Acura, we are not content in
resting on our laurels,” said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president and general manager of Acura. “The 2016 RDX gets a major infusion of Acura brand DNA including enhancements to styling, driving performance, and
an exciting new luxury feature-content, further solidifying its place as the one to beat in the entry luxury SUV segment.”
Whoa! Acura IS turning up the heat this year with its highly-evolved SUV series. We can WAIT to see these beauties in our showroom and on our lot! Actually, we REALLY can’t wait to get our hands on the wheel of this top-shelf, award-winning SUV. The 2016 Acura RDX is a jewel in the SUV world and we can’t wait for you to discover it here at Butler Acura! Don’t worry – we’ll keep you posted on when these gems will arrive. We expect a shipment in late spring/early summer. We can’t think of a better way to kick off the summer than with a breathtaking new 2016 Acura RDX!
Just announced! The 2015 “Best Cars for the Money” awards are out and Acura is in! The luxury car company claimed three top prizes: the 2015 Acura TLX, RDX and MDX won upscale midsize, luxury compact SUV and luxury three-row midsize SUV, respectively.
“In recent years, Honda has focused on providing more standard features in its Honda products and sportier performance for Acura models,” Jamie Page Deaton, managing editor of U.S. News Best Cars, said in a statement.
“That focus has resulted in more praise from professional car critics. Consumers now have more reasons beyond value to buy a Honda or Acura.”
That being said – have you ever wondered what these awards actually mean? What do they measure? How do they
pick the winners? Well wonder no more! Here’s how the “Best Cars for the Money” awards are picked, according to US News & World Report.
“The U.S. News 2015 Best Cars for the Money awards help take the guesswork out of car shopping by highlighting the cars, trucks and SUVs with the best combination of positive reviews and long-term ownership costs in 21 different automotive classes.
To find the award winners, we combined the average price paid from TrueCar, Inc. and five-year total cost of ownership data from Vincentric, LLC with the U.S. News Best Cars rankings data. The U.S. News rankings are based on the opinion of the automotive press about a car’s performance, interior features and
interior comfort, along with reliability and safety ratings.”
For more information and to check out pictures of the winners, click HERE. To check out one of these beautiful Acuras for yourself, visit us for a test drive to experience the “Thrill of an Acura”. We have (14) 2015 TLX’s, (10) 2015 RDX’s and (13) 2015 MDX’s in stock today. Congratulations Acura!
Really, are we really talking about new vehicles for 2016? Yes, we are! And Acura’s outdone themselves with the breath-taking 2016 ILX. They’ve truly captured “lighting in a throttle” with their 8-speed, torque converter dual clutch. This new transmission can shift faster than you can!
Some other noteworthy features of the fresh ILX include distinguished, high-performance Jewel Eye®LED headlights and AcuraWatch. What is AcuraWatch? It’s Acura’s innovative way of keeping you safe – from beside and behind. Here’s how Acura explains it, “It’s radar backup for your blindspot. A high-tech tape measure to the detected car ahead of you. It’s reassurance on busy highways and crowded parking lots. Braking assistance when events unfold too quickly.”
We’re expecting these intriguing new ILX’s to hit the showroom in the next couple of months! We’ll keep you posted on when they arrive so you can come experience the “Thrill of an Acura” yourself. In the meantime, check out this imaginative video of how Acura caught lighting in a bottle – which gave rise to this stunning new vehicle. Enjoy!